The CERS Difference
Cutting Edge Recruiting Solutions was founded with one simple concept in mind – to simplify the recruiting and hiring process so that you can be more productive and profitable today. We’ll bring the best employee search and selection methodologies together with the most sophisticated technology available to help you succeed quickly.
Through this process, we are able to provide unrivaled, cost-effective solutions for the unique staffing challenges you face. As a result, you get faster access to more qualified job candidates.
We specialize in placing “difference makers” across several areas. Here’s how it works: we analyze your requirements to quickly create a “talent delivery” program tailored to your unique requirements. This program addresses profitability, productivity, and a timetable of objectives. We focus on results and your return on investment. That’s the CERS difference; it’s all about you!
CERS Offers Several Areas of Expertise
Through each of these areas, we’re able to find the best job seekers for your position. We offer staff augmentation, contract staffing, contract-to-hire, outcome-based project staffing, and direct-hire service offerings for commercial and government clients in each of the following sectors:
- Information Technology
- Accounting & Finance
- Office & Clerical
- Human Resources
- Executive Leadership
- Select Business Development
- Customer Service
- Call Center
- and many of the sub sectors with each category
Our Approach to Recruiting is Totally Different
That’s because our staff members spend time to gain a complete understanding of the needs of job seekers and employers. This approach ensures we’re finding the best candidates for your unique position. You get the right individual rather than the first available individual who is not a perfect match. As a result, you’re happy, the job seeker is happy, and we are happy. It’s a triple win!
Of course, our search and selection process can be tailored to meet needs outside of what’s listed above. So if you don’t see the area you need, please give us a call or contact us so that we can discuss your unique project.
Employee Recruitment Technology
In today’s rapidly changing marketplace, our clients have new demands. We realize that standard reports may not always be enough. That’s why we created our WebCenter. WebCenter provides reporting that gives you access to real-time data. This system is extremely flexible and will meet all your reporting needs.
Of course, other recruiting firms offer this type of reporting. However, they don’t offer it to all of their clients; that’s where CERS is different. WebCenter is available to all clients, regardless of your company’s size.
WebCenter is also easy to use. With just a few clicks, you get access to the real-time information you need. Get information when you want it, how you want it.
- A series of time cards for active assignments
- The status of open searches
- Secure online document storage
- And much more…
Our WebCenter was created to provide the return on investment you’re seeking.
21-Step Search & Selection Process
Client Partnership + Defined Search & Selection Process = Practically Guaranteed Success
CERS founders have condensed our years of successful search experience into an exclusive 21-step process and overall plan of action to find, attract, and deliver the best candidates in your market. This logical and structured approach means we are not reinventing the wheel each time we undertake a search. Instead, we concentrate all of our resources on tailoring the search process to build the best candidate pool for your unique requirements.
Understanding the desired outcome is possibly the most important part of the search process. If we don’t understand exactly what you want in a candidate, then the results of the search are useless. That’s why CERS concentrates on fully comprehending your situation first.
1. Conduct a complete needs analysis that will provide CERS with all pertinent information required to complete a professional search. Includes brainstorming on how to attract candidates within both your specific vertical market and markets which are closely aligned.
2. Build a profile of the ideal candidate against which to screen all potentials as well as consult with you on industry compensation standards in order to construct a compensation outline that addresses both guaranteed and performance-based income.
If desired, CERS will interview your top-performing personnel in order to assist with developing the ideal candidate profile. Once completed, CERS will prepare an internal white paper outlining the candidate profile, plan of how to present the opportunity, and the compensation outline to obtain your signed acceptance.
3. Assemble the project team and begin market research. CERS will examine direct and indirect competitors and identify additional organizations that employ candidates possessing the skills you seek. We will utilize traditional, direct sourcing, innovative web, and social networking recruitment techniques to build the potential list of candidates.
This is where CERS’s experience really begins to count. We have the unique ability to identify the best talent in your marketplace, which means our target list will match your profile.
4. Conduct in-depth candidate interviews utilizing direct, situational, and behavioral based interview questions to ascertain several crucial qualifying factors, such as:
- Do they have the appropriate background?
- Do they possess the required skills?
- Is the timing right?
- Do their goals & career aspirations match what you have to offer?
- Are they a fit for your team and culture?
5. Present you with only a short list of qualified candidates from our process of elimination.
6. Submit resumes as well as an analysis of the qualifying interviews, skill test verification, and any behavioral assessments with selected candidates for your review and consideration.
This is where you validate if we have a match. We’ve already increased the chances of success by understanding your needs and presenting only the candidates who best meet your requirements. Next, we clear the path during the vital introductory process.
7. Arrange face-to-face, phone, or video conference interviews with you.
8. Prepare candidate for the interview, including briefing on your goals and priorities.
9. Prepare you for first interview with emphasis on each candidate’s particular goals and career aspirations.
10. Debrief candidate
11. Debrief you and present preliminary conclusions. Professionally release any candidates you do not want to pursue.
12. Provide results of in-depth reference checks that far exceed the traditional dates of employment, salary history, and rehire eligibility. At CERS, we require each candidate to sign a consent form so that we can arrange detailed reference conversations with previous managers, peers, and customers to better understand previous performance. This is critical in our reporting back to you. We will outline specific questions in addition to ours by request. Click here for sample reports
13. Arrange second interviews and discuss any areas of concern.
14. Debrief both you and the candidate(s) post-interview to ensure interest and address any concerns which may arise
Negotiations are often delicate and our experience in the area can help you navigate and avoid potential pitfalls. Our goal is to find, attract, and deliver the candidate that fits your criteria best, ultimately ensuring a win-win scenario for both you and the candidate.
15. Verify earnings and negotiate the entire compensation package.
16. Provide any additional screening desired, including educational verification, background checks, credit history, motor vehicle records, drug testing, and any other requirements.
17. Present verbal offer to candidate in order to help ensure acceptance.
18. Consult with candidate around any potential counteroffer issues as well as coach resignation and relocation, if applicable.
19. Confirm acceptance via signed offer letter to include start date, compensation package, benefits, and any pre-approved time off.
At CERS we believe that it is not over once the candidate signs the offer letter. Our post search quality programs are designed to ensure both retention and results from our placements.
20. Remain in contact with you and candidate through the actual start date and initial phases of the placement. This can include checkpoints as frequent as weekly progress conversations or as infrequent as monthly during the first 60 days in order to ensure that the candidate meets all of your expectations.
21. Conduct conclusion interview with you to make sure the project was successfully completed and, if acceptable, ask you for a reference letter and permission to use your name for reference purposes.
The CERS 21-Step Search & Selection Process© has proven successful time and time again. We strongly believe that successful searches are truly a partnership between a motivated and involved client and the experienced recruitment project team. We begin by understanding and then applying the knowledge we’ve gained to begin the research process so that we can find and attract potential candidates. Then we guide the interview process in order to make sure the final negotiations run smoothly so we can deliver the candidate(s) you choose.
Speed of Fill … Employee Recruitment
Human capital is one of the most important investments a company makes. That’s why at CERS, we understand the importance of engaging and attracting the best talent in the marketplace and accomplishing this quickly.
To create an efficient process, we use a variety of tools, including traditional recruitment methods, direct sourcing, innovative web strategies, social networking recruitment tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook, User Groups, Trade Associations, and much more!
With these techniques, we are able to find, attract, and create the most qualified short list of talent for your organization.
“Achieving the highest possible return on human capital must be every manager’s goal.”
– Brian Tracy
Screening & Assessments
At CERS, we have a running joke: there’s only twice in life a candidate appears perfect – when they’re born, and when they’re writing a resume.
That’s because sometimes job candidates can stretch the truth about their skills. Employers, however, don’t have time to waste. You need the right person placed in the right position. We make this entire process easier with our employee assessments and employee screening.
• Skills Tests Available
• Cutting Edge Interview Process
• Background Checks & Drug Screening
• Behavioral & Personality Assessments
CERS gets an enthusiastic response from our recruiting methods which can generate an overwhelming volume of job applicants. Of course, having a large supply of applicants can be an advantage. However, we never compromise quality for quantity, which is why we only represent the top 15 percent of the market’s candidates. We accomplish this by using powerful screening and assessment tools to ensure every selected candidate meets strict performance and quality standards.
Previous performance is often an indicator of future success. That’s why at CERS, we place a heavy emphasis on reference checks. Prospects are required to complete a consent & authorization form that allows us to conduct a detailed reference check. Of course other companies say they do reference checks, but they aren’t thorough enough – that is, if they’re even done at all.
A reference check is more than simply verifying dates of employment and salary. We uncover information that matters most to your organization.
- Previous managers
We uncover how job seekers interacted with co-workers and peers, their attention to detail, and their ability to manage short and long range deadlines. We also uncover the job seeker’s impact on customer satisfaction and how they resolve problems. We use this information to determine if a job seeker is the right fit for your organization.
CERS Takes Reference Checks Seriously
That’s why we won’t represent a job seeker unless they have at least two positive professional references.
Sample Reference Checks
Guarantees & Investment Protection
CERS has a strong commitment to developing and maintaining long term client relationships. We make professional hiring fast, affordable, and most importantly, we stand behind it. Your total satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us not only for the tenure of our placement, but also beyond. The unparalleled level of protection we extend exemplifies this commitment.
Extended Coverage Options for Positions in Excess of $50,000 in Annual Earnings
At CERS, our extended coverage options begin when the majority of our competition’s programs end. Our goal is long term client relationships and we strongly believe that, if given an identical search, we should pass the cost savings along to our clients. We have extension options which can accommodate most budgets. Our most comprehensive coverage extends for up to 5 years.
Working Temporary & Contractor Evaluation Periods
We’re confident that any associates we send you will be highly productive, but if you find they aren’t working out, let us know and we’ll take care of it immediately. Depending on the position, we have guarantees that range from just a few hours to as long as a full week.
100% Free Replacement up to 90-calender days post placement (Direct Hire)
In the event of employee separation within the first 90-calendar days of a direct hire position, CERS will conduct a priority replacement search free of charge.